Saturday, May 22, 2010

Introduction Into Psychology

Tonight I posted my introduction on my Psychology 1101 discussion thread. We had to tell a little about ourselves, what our major is, some of our interests and what chapters of our textbook we found would be most interesting relating to our field of study. Can I tell you how awesome it was to write that my major is in Nursing? It gave me a sense of knowing, knowing that I have chosen an actually meaningful and hopefully fulfilling career. Tonight I intend to complete the readings on 2 of the chapters of required reading that's due by the 26th. I have already finished reading chapter 1 of my Sociology book which is due for discussion by the 26th as well. There's tons of reading and I always feel like I am a little behind (which I am not) but I get the feeling everytime I log into class I have missed something. I am trying not to put too much pressure on myself with getting all A's. I do however feel that if I don't I won't be a competitive candidate getting into the Nursing program. That worries the heck out of me, which in turn puts pressure on... Me and hubby made a bet (with tons of coercing from me) that if I get straight A's in all 5 of my classes during Summer semester I can get my Livescribe Pulse Smartpen for note taking. So yeah! for that, but booo for even more pressure. Anywhooo, have a peek at my slightly edited (for privacy purposes) Intro Into Psychology.



Due: May, 26th 2010

My Intro: Psychology


Hi Everyone! I'm ********, originally from *** now residing in ***,**. I've been here for * years and I absolutely love it. I have 3 children, 2 daughters (ages 8 and 1) and a son (age 2) and am happily married to my great & supportive husband who happens to also be a student at ***. I'm a full time Executive Assistant for a Regional Planning agency in ******* and have called it my "second home" for 5 years. I love what I do but don't feel fulfilled in calling it a career. I'm seeking a degree in Nursing not only because I know in my heart that it will be rewarding giving care to others but for the simple fact that it is "never ending". There is always someone to help, someone who will need a shoulder to cry, someone who could possibly be touched by my drive to care and someone who may only need to hear the words "it will be ok". Call me crazy but I also love the smell of hospitals. It smells so sterile, fresh and disinfected (although that could be far from the truth) but I absolutely love it (OCD?). I look forward to the next adventure life has to share. Online learning is fairly new to me, somewhat more complex but exciting (if only for now) but I am sure the experience will be amazing if I program my mind to it. It's all about how you look at the journey as to whether or not it will be enjoyable or crappy regardless of the ultimate goal. My journey for now: work hard & study hard for all A's which could be really crappy if I put too much pressure on myself, but it could be made enjoyable if I do the best that I can and give it my all. Either way I'll be proud of myself that I took this first step.

When it comes to the chapters of the book I would be most interested in, I would have to say that of course going into the field of Nursing all of the ordered chapters are indeed relevant and will be necessary. Chapter 1: Thinking Critically - definitely an interest, considering most patients would want a nurse that can think on her/his toes including outside of the box. Chapter 3: Nature, Nuture & Diversity - another major interest knowing that patients come in an array of colors, shape size, etc. No two patients will ever be the same. For my future this entire class will be highly utilized when entering into the field of Healthcare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awww, thanks so much for stopping by... NOW SAY SOMETHING NICE!!

Follow Me On Twitter

Blogaholic Designs”= Follow me on Twitter